Green Beans’ growth and
development with different mediums and different amount of sunlight
Science MYP year 7
Sekolah Cikal
BY
Ichsan Daffa
Jakarta
November 2012
Content page
Preface
……………………………………………………………………………………… i
Content
Page ………………………………………………………………………………… ii
Chapter
1
Introduction ……………………………………………………………………….. 4
Purpose
……………………………………………………………………….. 4
Hypothesis
……………………………………………………………………….. 4
Materials and Methods ……………………………………………………………………….. 4
Chapter
2
Data …………………………………………………………………5-6
Results ……………………………….………………………………7
Conclusion……………………………………………………………8
Summary………………………………………….....………………..9
Preface
I am glad that I can do this experiment so I
can have a good grade and know how it will be like when its grow. Actually,
I’ve done this experiment before when I was in kinder garden and now I’m doing
it again in junior high school and I’m glad I can do this experiment again. I
would love to thank my dad and my friends for preparing my stuff to do this
experiment and give some stuff to me that I need more.
CHAPTER 1
Introduction and purpose
The topic is to study about the growth and
development of green beans. We study through the experiment of green beans. In
the experiment the green beans will be put in the cups and inside the cups we
put some cotton and soils then you put the green beans 5 each the cup then put
some water in the cup. Then we put it in a place where there is no sunlight and
where there is sunlight then everyday we measure the plants and put some water.
We measure it to know how tall will it be and how fast does it grow everyday.
Hypothesis
Green beans growth a lot faster and taller in
the place where there are only a little bit of sunlight.
Materials and methods
Materials
· 5 green beans on each cups
· 4 cups
· Cottons
Methods
In
the experiment we will be putting in 5 beans in each of the cups and there are
2 cups that will be fill with cotton and the other 2 will be fill with soil then
you put the green beans 5 each the cup then put some water in the cup every day
Chapter
2
Data
Cup
A: cotton and direct sunlight
Cup
B: Cotton and non direct sunlight
Cup
C: soil and direct sunlight
Cup
D: soil and non direct sunlight
Date:
8 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
1.
0.5 cm
|
1.
0.4 cm
|
1.
0.3 cm
|
1.
0.2 cm
|
|
2.
0.3 cm
|
2.
0.2 cm
|
2.
0.3 cm
|
2.
0.4 cm
|
|
3.
0.4 cm
|
3.
0.5 cm
|
3.
0.5 cm
|
3.
0.4 cm
|
|
4.
0.3 cm
5.
0.2 cm
|
4.
0.4 cm
5.
0.3 cm
|
4.
0.3 cm
5.
0.4 cm
|
4.
0.3 cm
5.
0.5 cm
|
Date:
9 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
0.8
cm
|
0.8
cm
|
0.6
cm
|
1
cm
|
|
0.6
cm
|
0.6
cm
|
0.6
cm
|
0.8
cm
|
|
0.8
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.8
cm
|
|
0.5
cm
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
0.5
cm
|
1
cm
0.5
cm
|
Date:
10 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
1.2
cm
|
1.5
cm
|
1
cm
|
2.2
cm
|
|
1
cm
|
1.5
cm
|
1.2
cm
|
1.6
cm
|
|
1.4
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
1.2
cm
|
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
1.5
cm
|
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
Date:
11 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
1.6 cm
|
10 cm
|
1.8
cm
|
10 cm
|
|
8 cm
|
8 cm
|
2.5
cm
|
15 cm
|
|
2
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
9.8 cm
|
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
14 cm
|
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
0.5
cm
|
Date:
12 November 2012
|
Cup A
|
Cup B
|
Cup C
|
Cup D
|
|
2.8 cm
|
10 cm
|
3.8 cm
|
15 cm
|
|
4.2 cm
|
9.8 cm
|
3 cm
|
17.5 cm
|
|
3.8 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
14 cm
|
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
16 cm
|
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
Date:
13 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
4.2 cm
|
14.5 cm
|
5 cm
|
20.5 cm
|
|
6.8 cm
|
10.5 cm
|
3.5 cm
|
22.5 cm
|
|
6 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
16 cm
|
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
20.5 cm
|
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
0.5 cm
|
Date:
14 November 2012
|
Cup
A
|
Cup
B
|
Cup
C
|
Cup
D
|
|
1.
5 cm
|
1.
18 cm
|
1.
6.5 cm
|
1.
23 cm
|
|
2.
10 cm
|
2.
11 cm
|
2.
5 cm
|
2.
25 cm
|
|
3.
7.5 cm
|
3.
0.5 cm
|
3.
0.5 cm
|
3.
17.5 cm
|
|
4.
0.5 cm
|
4.
0.5 cm
|
4.
0.5 cm
|
4.
22.5 cm
|
|
5.
0.5 cm
|
5.
0.5 cm
|
5.
0.5 cm
|
5.
0.5 cm
|
Result
One of the soils in my experiment growth
faster than the cotton and the soil is not from the direct sunlight and the
cotton that is the second tallest from all of the 4 cups is not from the direct
sunlight and when I see the green beans that’s not from the direct sunlight
both of them already look pretty tall but sadly, the cotton that is not from
the direct sunlight fell o the fourth or the fifth day so the plant is not straight
again but the soil is still good.
Then when I see the soil on the same day both
of the plants are not the same tall like the other 2 that is not from the
direct sunlight, they even smaller than the other 2. Then the next 2 days the
green beans started to grow leaves and one of the leave is brown on the front
and that leave is from the green beans that fill with soil and its direct
sunlight.
Then when I was going to measure the plant
tall, both of the green beans that is not from the direct sunlight growth
taller again so does the other 2 from the direct sunlight but this 2 (not from
the direct sunlight) growth a lot faster and taller, And they start growing
leaves more.
All of the green beans grow well but some of
them don’t grow at all and I don’t know what’s the problem some of them growth
until 18 cm or more but the green beans that doesn’t growth at all they only
growth until 0.5 cm. some of the green beans growth well from 0.5 cm to 10 cm
to 18 cm and many more.
Conclusion
After weeks of experiment, I see that the
green beans that is not from the direct sunlight growth faster and taller. And
the layer in my experiment growth a lot better with soil and the soil is not
from the direct sunlight.
First, I taught the one that growth a lot
better is soil from the direct sunlight and according to my experiment the one
that growth faster is soil with non direct sunlight, and according to my
experiment the green beans with the cotton and the place is non direct sunlight
growth the second faster and taller below the soil with non direct sunlight.
The sunlight cannot make them grow really well too. And the non-direct
sunlight is the longest one. From all that green beans, but there are some of
the green beans from the direct sunlight and non-direct sunlight that do not
grow at all, and every time I measure the green beans they still on the same
tall they still 0.5 cm while the rest of them are so tall and one of the green
beans growth until 25 cm. there are 8 beans that don’t growth at all. But,
there are 12 green beans that growth.
Summary
I’m Glad that some of my green beans growth
tall and well. Whenever, I didn’t water it everyday but it still growth even if
one of the leaf turn brown. But sometimes, someone water my green beans on the
green house. When, the first time I put my green beans in the cups I put the
beans not closely to each other than the next day they start growing and
growing.
Everyday when I check my green beans they all
start growing but some of them stop growing and even didn’t grow at all. Then
it was a week. I checked all of my green beans I put them together, I measure
it then I see the different between direct sunlight and non-direct sunlight,
cotton and Soil.
The differences according to my experiment
are the soil from the non - direct sunlight has the tallest green beans and it
has the many beans that growth and the second cup that have the tallest green
beans is the cotton from the non-direct sunlight but in that cup there are some
of the beans that do not growth.
And about the soil and the cotton from the
direct sunlight, some of them did growth and some of them didn’t growth too.
The green beans from the direct sunlight growth tall but not as quite tall as
the non-direct sunlight beans and from the direct sunlight, one of the leaf
turn the color into brown


Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar